NUF® TECHNOLOGY APPLIED IN DRINKING WATER PURIFICATION
The NUF® systems efficiently remove suspended solids, pathogens, bacteria, viruses and organic matters from surface (lake, river, pond, etc.) and/or borehole water in one single pass, thanks to the 0.03 µ absolute filtration rate of the NUF® membranes. Raw water enters the system at low pressure while the purification process takes place by simple mechanical size exclusion on the membranes – without use of chemical or biological treatment. Water and dissolved salts permeates the membrane as purified treated water. Out of the treated water, a minimal percentage of water (1%-7%) is used for a self-actuated built-in periodical membranes backwash, where all the pollutants are expelled.
- Manually operated raw water feed pump.
(at special request, in case of availability of power at site or in case of solar power supply, an electric pump – 12, 24, 110 or 220 Volt – can be provided with the unit)
- NUF membranes package with manual activation device: purification mode or backwash mode in case of membranes clogging.
The system is therefore a MULTI-USE one and benefits of full recoverability.
The membranes are not disposed or replaced after a short usage, but simply cleaned (with purified water) with the built-in backwash device.
- The whole unit is encapsulated in a heavy-duty housing, suitable for transport, deployment and immediate operation in field.
- Unit dimensions (without tubing):
62 x 60 x 50 (H x L x W in cm.)
- Unit weight: 18 kg.
- Maximum raw water distance from unit: 25 mt.
Raw water sources: rivers, lakes, other surface water sources, wells (non or low-saline brackish – the unit is not acting as a desalination system)
Operating pressure (reached with one of the integrally supplied pumps): 0.3÷1.5 atm.
Average operational capacity (at 0.8 atm.): 480 lt./hr
• Drinking water production in remote areas
• Emergency response kits
• River water purification for villages, towns, etc.
• Best RO desalination pre- treatment units: one single pass on the NUF unit replaces the use of flocculation, chlorination, sand filtration,
de- chlorination and cartridge filtration – while producing RO feed at SDI < 2